Monday, June 14, 2004

England-France UEFA cup showdown

So I didn't want to go out and watch a soccer game on a flat screen TV. Instead I listened to the game commentaries online with BBC 5 live and RFI..yes, it's possible and I was suprised to find them so easily. As for visual cues, the UEFA website actually has a play by play text description...amazing. Switching back and forth between the English and French commentaries was pretty funny. English bloke was real excited and screaming on top of his lungs when Lampart scored...I missed it but I caught the 'instant replay' from his voice....well, at least the English fans are way loud and bring out that warm atmosphere of...well, beer, sweat and whatever..
Anyway, had a live reaction from my dear friend in Montreal (AP) when Zizou scored in the last minutes....I kinda was wishing for a tied game but hey, things happen! I didnt have any of the fan shirt so it was pretty cozy in my PJs...uh huh..

The next big game for me is Denmark and Italy...I dont like to watch soccer, i like to listen to the comments and hear the fans...If I watch on TV, I root for the team with the most cute guys...after all, they're more than athletes, they are fashion models!..well, they became as such after aligning their teeth, shaved some extra hair (hmm some forgot about that), and learned to talk in front of a camera....but hey, thats' another story (peer pressure).

So, that was Sunday the 13th, and I'm looking forward for some beautiful european gents to make the US news tonite...Until then, cheers and bonne chance les bleus!

No comments: