Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The meaning of one's life and hell

I am supposed ot review for my exam which is on Thursday 10am, but instead of reading the 500+ pages required, I watched this addictive series called Maou. For those who want to take a break from Pokemon island (evil laugh) or to watch a less bloddy version of Saw, this is quite a thriller.

What impressed me most were the character's take on vengeance, hell, and atonement. The emotions are pretty raw and poignant in the series, and each character is somewhat complex. It is a series in which it is pretty difficult to hate even the 'meanest' character.

Finally, it made me feel like hell is only a threat if one understands what it feels while alive: to loose one's loved ones, not to be believed in, to be rejected by society, for example. And that vengeance can take up your whole life, which can loose its meaning once vengeance is achieved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah ben zut, ca me rappelle que 10 jours en France sans Internet a portee de main m'ont fait oublier Tricks !!! Mais comment j'ai pu ??? Et voila, la, il est deja presque minuit, faut pas que je commence !!! Je serais forte, je vais aller me coucher sans le laptop :-) Mais demain, je me ratrappe ! muahaha