Friday, November 06, 2009

A blessing in disguise?

I happened to get the assignment opened last week at work, and now wondering if it is a good thing. I will be joining a team that deals with everything operational in the company. Let's just hope I won't be doing any telephone or halogen lamp repairs all day.

The main goal though will be to meet as many people in the company and know about their roles and business,as well as the kind of things they usually need: last minute webcams for executive training, automated tools here and there, a website or reporting site, etc...

I was hesitant to pursue the assignment once after the interview, but change is good and challenging. I may be used like in th eprevious job, but I also have loads to gain in term of networking and exposure.

So I am building the shelves to hold my long unopened books, and prepare mentally for steep learning curve and to feel a bit lost and useless again: the assignment starts monday. It will be 50-50 and I keep my old role, but it will be enriched with the scary experience with the ops team. GO ME!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jejeje ! Bon, ben j'espere que ca se passe bien ... et pis ptet y aura une autre opportunite de changement bientot ;-)