Friday, January 29, 2010

Mourning

Today, my grand mother died. I saw her last on Sunday, when I said goodbye. Although the news were expected soon, I had to retire to the restroom to cry. Somehow her image of that last Sunday was so sad I was relieved she passed away without staying too long in a vegetative state. The guilt will follow me from now on, ad so I cried.

Pangs of sadness still hit me unexpectedly as I mourn for a woman I could not understand for her simplicity. She had a faith I may never have, and her frail frame will stay in my mind as I hold her hand for the last time.

I cry for my Mom as she lost her Mommy. I cannot imagine the feeling and miss her dearly. I hope she is not too exhausted and can relieve her heart's sorrow.

This was a last day, of Nenibe, and a last day for me as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love you. and yes, she is in a better place now.