Thursday, April 19, 2012

What's in a life

As we get blessed with a new life, my thoughts went to the lives that ended. I wanted to share the excitement and joy with the ones that departed. And it made me wonder what their thoughts were about before they let out their final breath. As I refused to dwell in sadness, my thoughts came back to the livings, and to the proud parents. Even as an aunt I am so proud and want to give everything to this little one, and even bought gold, which I cannot send via DHL... I can only imagine how a parent would feel. 

Although happy and welcoming of the child I find myself sad that this world is the way it is. I now understand why people shelter their children. But even we turned out alright, why worry?

Because what's in a life? Something sweet, something bitter and something sour. The sweetness comes in small bundles, after much bitterness and sourness. It is as if it is only reachable because our efforts made spent our energies and we came to settle on a state where it suddenly became sweet for a while, like painfully running a long distance and settling on the feeling of the finish line coming closer, finishing the run in sweet pain, and being even more sore the few next days.

So even if it is painful, sorrowful, worrisome, let me settle and focus on an enjoyable moment: my grand mother has a grand-grand child, my brother has a son to raise, I have a nephew to dot, and the mother and child seem healthy. I will not project into the future, and enjoy the moment. Because for the child, his foremost joy is having both parents and feeling their warmth and love.

No comments: