Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer day 2012

Today I dressed up pretty with an ironed white shirt and my red linen skirt, and my black and white open toe shoes, to celebrate summer. The weather was nice and I was starting late so had enough time to pamper myself. I hesitated to put my liberty tie on but I figured I would be too dressed up for work and everyone would be in their jeans anyway.

I had an awful day but I managed to finish everything I had to do. I thought about going out to hear the bands playing all around town, since it is the music festival (fete de la musique), but I longed the comfort of my room. Besides, I could just sing out my frustration, now that I have a proper stand to put my lyrics, and a karaoke microphone to sing into!

My terrace is blooming with sunflowers, lavender and tomato flowers, my laundry is washing, and I sing for myself the foreign songs that express my tiredness: tomorrow is Friday!

No comments: