Saturday, August 11, 2012

My longest dream in Japanese

Every so often, if I watched several episodes of a jdrama or jmovie, I had a dream where I would speak or here some Japanese expressions or words. Last night however, maybe because I finished a marathon of Hungry and started Legal High, my dream had a full episode in Japanese.

I was staying at a guesthouse, a typical Japanese pension, and preparing for a hike. D. was in my dream  which was a surprise since I've only known her for 2 weeks, and we ended up looking for direction on a map in English. As usual though, we were having a discussion in Japanese, and somehow, like any dream, the setting in my recollection changed.

We were attending class suddenly and the teacher was explaining some situation: a list of events on a timeline based on a paragraph. Then D. interrupted and asked a question about one of the event that got misplaced on the timeline, and I agreed with her. But the teacher ignored her and proceeded with her monologue. So I myself interrupted and naturally formed a correct grammatical sentence, asking a question and insisting the teacher answer and explain.

その ことば まだ って が あります から でんしゃ きません
でしょう
"sono kotoba 'mada' tte arimasu kara, densha kimasen deshou!"
translated into "that word 'not yet' is there so the train has not come, has it?

I insisted and insisted, drawing out more exemple of the usage of まだ...
Then the alarm went off and I went まじで (seriously...)

The brain is such a magical element....

No comments: