Saturday, May 10, 2014

a new beginning?

Reconnecting with this screen was difficult, but today is a new start. There are a lot to catch up with but I vow to look forward.

I strapped the pace counter as soon as I woke up, and paced around to dust and mop the flat (only 1200 steps). And then I walked proudly to the gym, 500m away, to greet the lads and turn in my gym card as my 6 month subscription expired!  After that it was a long walk across town to check out the music school open doors (too many kids, scared me into joining a voice class), and went shopping for groceries.

By the time I got the food, it was lunchtime and I was exhausted from all the walking (only 8000 steps). So I took the bus home, had a muffin and had a 15min power nap. Then it was time to get out again to get more groceries. Eventually on my way to the supermarket I achieved the required 10 000 steps, and felt the pressure lift.

Finally at home, more napping and organizing and planning for tomorrow's next 10 000 steps

The goal of maintaining that rhythm for 100 days looks pretty challenging. But there is peer pressure and a deadline to fit into summer clothes, so it must be done!

No comments: