Friday, November 18, 2005

Food diary

This week, I really used my days off to do some culinary travel...to try out the things that people advised me to try..and more.
So here is the verdict.

For lunch I managed to walk to Queensway and try this Shawarma place:
Taza, between Queensway and Bayswater station: excellent shawarma. I had a lamb shawarma take away, as the shop is pretty small and Hyde park was just nearby. I ran to the park, sat on the bench and just ate it all in less than 5 minutes! It's so good, for 3£ only...

Then I took the bus for Oxford Circus to look for dessert...ended up in Piccadily Circus instead and found this Donughts and Sandwiches shop right off the place..oh my goodness, I was eager to get one warm donought...Alas, it turned out to be a disaster. All I wanted was an apple custard filled donut..and it cost me...£1.25....And it was the worst ever donut: hard like cardbox, cold, and so small..I almost cried in the cold.