Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Made in Belgium

4kg overweight (ok, more than a week before), and a lot of things to remember, I 've just returned from Bruxelles...yes yes, where you eat fries and chocolate until you die...
So I survived..my dear friend and her husband made sure I eat healthy. Still, the fact is there..So you wonder if everything made in Belgium is so delicious?

I can confirm that the fruit beers are actually nice and I can drink those without wrinkling my little nose to the smell of manly, bitter beer. I tried a kriek beer, which is a cherry one. It drinks like juice and I like it that way.

Other things nice about Belgium? It is a fact that Belgium has the most density of population owning comic books (bandes dessinees) in the world. And I can assure you that after going throgh the comics or graphic novel section at the Made in Belgium Expo, all I wanted was to have all those comics and read them for the rest of my life....just imagine
Natasha, Thorgal, XIII, Lucky Luke, Boule et Bill, Cubitus, Pierre Tombal, Largo Winch, Bob et Bobette, Blake & Mortimer, Alix, Le Psy, Claire et Julie et..., Le Chat, Marsupilami, les stroumpf, Tintin et Milou....arghh..and so many more!

Also at the Expo, I discovered that so many artists are from Belgium: benny B, Lio, Annie Cordy, technotronix...and even Adamo...Phillippe Lafontaine, and of course, Jacques Brel...

So hurrah for Belgium....

No comments: