Monday, March 10, 2008

Blown away, or how NOT to start a good Monday

Unlike the movie that could be coming to mind, I was not in passionate romantic epoch piece or story. I was merely trying to wake up when getting off the train when the wind attacked me trough my very bones and started to fight against my poor umbrella. Halfway to work my umbrella gave up and flew away, leaving me with a pathetic metallic rod to protect me from the gale and wind along the few yards leading to work. Also my lunch box broke and I was left holding my 2 tupperwares of chinese curry and courgette like a famished vampire protecting its last drops of blood...Then in the lobby at work, I was told the elevators weren't working...so in my mindless state, I had to climb the stairs to the 7th floor.

I would like to think I was being punished but I am not sure for what. On the other hand I didn't go to the gym this evening.

My only consolation for tonight is to be able to post my letters, which are 1 week overdue, and to buy some lamb to cook that rendang one more time...to prove myself I didn't do it by mistake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I suppose all Londonians spent a crappy Monday. My flight was cancelled because of the storm, the following too, and I finally had a delayed flight on the last one... In the meantime I lost the plane ticket to Lorient, leaving me at almost midnight in Paris. I finally had a 3 hours drive to Rennes. We'll see tomorrow how to reach home, sweet home ... GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr

P A N D A ----P----@ said...

Did anyone get the Terry Pratechett reference? Ah well, you have to have read 'Moving Pictures' to catch it...

D. Ram said...

hahah which is why I get wet instead of using an umbrella because in reality they never work and I don't want to lose my one of the last two pieces of university parephernilia (i think a raincoat or a tie may have been a better investment in college pride).