Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Impossible! I ran out of shampoo!r

And so I had to find an excuse to get out of the house, while my body clearly didn't want to leave the bed it was sweating into for the past 4 days. A short trip to the doctor, where I had to beg for an appointment*, and a short trip to the drugstore, to find the prescribed drugs, and a shampoo..and am back with my forest of tissues and chicken soup. I am not sure which is worse: the hammering of the construction outside the windows, or the persistent piercing pains at my temples. But then when I am about to choose, the coughing starts over and nothing else matter that the few bursts of air that manages to get in me...

Maybe I should have called 999 Saturday. But then again, how many in a life threatening situation remember to identify it as life threatening? I was just sweating a cold off....now I am suffering one...

*To you, oh unaware of how medical care works: When one is ill, one needs to phone his General Practitioner and get an appointment. If you haven't registered to a GP, then you cannot get an appointment but have to show up at some hospital...
In my case, my GP is in West London, I don't know where the nearest hospital, and I called on monday to get an appointment on wednsday....Then I called again this morning to beg, and finally got one at 10...LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

moi aussi je suis malade :-(
-M-

Anonymous said...

Courage a toutes les deux !