Saturday, December 27, 2008

Do you have enough socks?

Winter is gnawing at your bones and taking your breath away in a fit of coughs? Have you eaten so much your bellybutton has popped out of its socket? Or are the numbers on your credit cards so unreadable from overusing it that you can't buy anything online anymore?

The holidays period brings its shares of denial attitude: I can buy as many pair of lively colored socks, I can eat all the chocolate I got for Christmas, I can run. But the truth is, I am broke, indigestion is lurking behind that piece of chocolate, and my throat and cough hasn#t dissapeared since 23rd November.

What is worth looking forward to?

-Definetely not the new year resolutions. They will only last about 3 weeks.
-A promotion at work? that is as uncertain as my weight next year
-A new flat or room? I have about 3 weeks of rummaging through the ads online to find a cheap decent one.
-My trip to Japan in May? Only if I decide to buy the plane ticket soon, after I realize there won't be any international assignment during that period.


For now, I am in pure denial and enjoying good company in my friend Zab, who I initiated in the lifewasting task of watching Japanese JDrama (mwahahahahaha). Sharing a passion is always very satisfying...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going maaaaad !! Laughing like the Japanese girl in the series !!! HIHIHI ! ;)

Anonymous said...

well.. it's like I knew!