Thursday, May 06, 2010

Oi Oi, priviledged one!!

Yes, I should feel very privileged as I am among the few in my team to have a significant raise. My manager informed me in the form of a hushed conversation and a sealed letter that despite the negative inflation in Switzerland, I am among the very few to have an actual unit on my increase.
Well, I am glad it is a raise, not a salary contraction.

Imagine my surprise when I read the letter and saw that I will have a 1.50% salary increase this year!!!! Well, my feet remained grounded as I was looking for other digits that may have been invisible to the naked eye. But no, that was it. Cute boss was saying he was feeling anxious explaining to some that they have 0.7%  or 0.03% increase. So he looked very happy giving me my letter..LOL

So next month will be my biggest paycheck in my life, (actually, the second biggest*), as my bonus and my 'raise' will show up...
sigh...money makes the world go round?

*my biggest paychech was in September, when I received 200% of my monthly salary, as it included my  relocation bonus.

1 comment:

SolofoRahary said...

Courage, il faudra patienter et persister...!