Sunday, May 02, 2010

Open doors

This is where I meet old schoolmates (not sure that's really true), 15 years later. Maybe townmates or citymates is a more appropriated term. In any case amazing how time can change memories, perception and more. I witnessed a kind of happiness only palpable because they were doing what they loved to do or enjoyed to do. If you are in the area, be sure to check out their business: Tuscan wine and olive oil.

I spent a rainy afternoon in the painter's atelier turned kitchen/dining area, warmed up by fragrant pasta sauce and green tea, while wine connoisseurs were visiting and making orders for boxes of bottled Tuscan wine. It felt like a flashback voyage, but with a hint of awkwardness. It has been 15 years...Yet it was still comfortable and heartwarming.
Their warm welcome made you want to try the wine they offer, and their increasing business proves they have a fine collection of the liquor. I have only sipped a white wine, but due to my ignorance I am sure I failed to appreciate its quality. However the variety offered made me want to know more about wine.

Be sure to check out Vini Toscani website and their open doors every 2 months.

No comments: