Saturday, September 08, 2012

A week of pain

I didn't really plan it on purpose, but this week was the week of all pains. First there was the cleaning at the dentist, where the drill's contact with some parts of my teeth raised some nonexistent hairs off my legs. The diagnostic was very positive though, as apparently I have clean teeth and even my gums became healthy. It is always satisfying to be told I am doing something right. In any case, I won't be seeing that soft speaking hygienist until in 9 months.

Then this morning I got rid of some unwanted facial hair that surprisingly didn't raise a millimeter during the painful dentist procedure. In a mere 30min, with a thread, a professional kindly pulled the offenders, one by one, painfully protesting to my whole brain. Tears were falling without any sorrow. I knew there was a reason I didn't volunteer for these treatments often!

And finally, the nail fillers this afternoon just finished, after one hour of another professional fiddling with my short nails, filing away the hardened gel, then my own nerves under my poor nails. As usual, the worst part was when I put my hands inside the UV box, and piercing pain shoot through each finger as the gel hardened. Beautiful is made of this stuff...

I am afraid I forced myself onto so many out of body experience to avoid the pain that I may still wandering about, looking for a poem, playing a feel good song....

Or maybe the out of body experience is to look at the result and feel happy all is over...to avoid which reality?

No comments: