Thursday, October 12, 2006

10K runlondon (8/10/2006)

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....that is the only sound I muttered when ...my browser showed up with the 'your connection was reset' message. This was supposed to be my spontaneous deluge of words after my mind went blank for ...ages!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and that what came out of my beatiful mouth and soul when crossing the finish line of that 10km runin Hyde Park.

I did finish in good time, considering I have never run 10km in my entire life. I was aiming to run it in 90 minutes so that it wouldn't be too shameful. I am so happy I finished in 80mintes and 44seconds!!! The bagels, the pizzas, the shawarmas (carbs carbs carbs!), the curry, the chocolates, the nibbles, the thai chilli crisps, and the ice creams got the best of me. Of course you can imagine I didn't run all the way. By 2km, I had to walk..hehehhe..then at 3km, my colleague just said to run towards the sign...and it worked..basically walk fast, then when your breath is back, run as fast as you can..then walk again...if we see the sign for the kilometer, we run toward it like bugs to the light. By the 5th kilometer, we were dead..but the prospect of some water gave me wings and I almost ran up the hill to sign, then sprinted to get some water...had to cool down my face as it was a nice weather yet not hot..I did get a tan.

I have never felt this before. By the 6th kilometers, I was just running and walking for the sake of not collapsing on the spot. By the 8th kilometer, I was exulted because it was finally going down..and in the other direction I could see the other runners from the next wave running up the hill (yeah, like I did 40mintues earlier). My legs were not obeying me anymore, but I could finally see the arch at Hyde Park corner..which meant the finish line was near..and that sign that says 9km pumped the adrenaline in me and just made me run...until I realized that finish line was still so far!

Finally, as the crowd on the sidelines cheered, I ran to the finish line.....The time is not brilliant, but it's much better than I expected. During training, I ran 5km in 40mintes, so it's satisfactory for me.


Next time though, I'll train properly.

3 comments:

Ateee said...

so proud of you!!!! :)

P A N D A ----P----@ said...

And the footage to prove it too


http://www.runlondon.com/tenkresults/VideoFinish.aspx?UserRunResultId=e788a745-1d7e-4abd-92e9-0856fece1a41

Anonymous said...

Ahh congratulations!!! Next time you'll train properly? Ahh I see - next time you'll be eating more curry, burgers and cream cakes!!!