Sunday, October 21, 2007

The end of autumn

The sun sets before 6 these days already, and soon I will go home everyday seeing this when coming out of the office.

It can be worse (yes, in about a month or so).

To fight the season's gloom, I finally managed to run outside (after a self adminstered pep talk) and even dragged my flatmate out (she walks, I run). Time flew again this weekend and I didn't even have time to iron or stich up my trousers or even pamper myself to a girly mask or shop till I drop....

Instead I only got groceries (the fridge is full) and cooked for the week (the freezer is full), and cleaned my room again after buying another wardrobe for my winter clothes. The keyboard is back on the balcony, and an aloe vera and another cactus are keeping company to each other on the windows. Hopefully they'll survive winter with me.

The resolution for the week is to stop eating at work. It has been a very excessive week because each memeber of the team keeps bringing food in turns!! From croissants, pain au chocolat, english fry up breakfast, it didn't stop!! Tryly, they socialize around food, but I must stay away from it. Matter of fact I now sit at the end of the desk, isolated by my 3 screens (yes, three, don't ask me why, I am a very busy important person!NOT). I can pick my nose and make faces to myself and nobody can see me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is definitely one good point in living in Spain. The sun sets around 8pm, maybe even later, and the laundry dries in less than two hours, even after sunset :-) Ok I am being tortureful here (I know, this word doesn't exist, but it sounds appropriate, doesn't it ?).

Concerning food, I am trying to keep the same resolution (not with work though, but at home). And no, I am not successful at all, I keep inflating :'( I am all with you though ! Courage :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Envoie-moi ces croissants et ces pains au chocolat! B-) miam!
bisous. -M-