Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bears and bulls, rising prices etc...

Of course I now take some curious pleasure in reading some business section of some free newspapers. Having sat through a 2 hour introduction to financial data (which I requested), I should understand a bit more what those people in suit and ties are wasting lines and paper about. Well, it is still like chinese, but as exciting as learning a new language: as long as you know a little bit here and there, it is fun to recognize and understand words and concepts here and there. It is like grasping the 50% of a sentence, and the hilarious aprt is to try guessing what the real sentence was.

So sometimes I can make up a story and some reasoning or prediction, that eventually does not turn out to be real at all. The fact that it is usually in the morning, on my way to work does help a bit.

However, I first hand noticed the price rise i London: Yesterday on my way home I bought a kebab in r oll from the take away curry shop 'Sweet and Spicy' down Brick lane. I think it cost me £1.35. It was really nice, so this evening I got tempted again and ordered the same thing. He charged me £1.40 ! I was dressed exactly like yesterday so, with even the same hairdo.

So, either:
1- he really doesn't want me to eat that anymore, or eat there anymore, or
2- there is no fixed price and I should have bargained, or
3- this country has areally high inflation, or
4- he made a mistake, or
5- this time the spicy sauce was extra (and i got it for free ysterday), or
6- I should order the same thing tomorrow to confirm any theory above

Because really, if this price increase continues, I am better of going to the 'Lahore Express' on Bethnal Green where I can get a full wrap with veggies and meat and sauce and a smile, for like £1.50 instead of a spicy kebab in a pancake....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for 6 !! And let us know ;-) Was it the same waiter ?

Btw, I forgot to tell you that I received your cards when you called me... that's actually why I was thinking of calling you as well, but I had forgotten ;-) lol

P A N D A ----P----@ said...

Well, i got another one yesterday and it cost me £1.40...damn!

Anonymous said...

Pfft, inflation .. actually at the university, in one week, the price of a meal changed from 3.50 (already fucking expensive) to 3.65 ! The complete menu that costs around 5 euros increased by 20 cents !! That's also quite a lot ... Maybe a sign we should eat less ;-) lol lol lol