Saturday, January 29, 2011

Getting olderrrrr

I made my firsta ttempt to Yosenabe to celebrate my last day of 3xyears old with friends. We managed to eat only half of it but most of the seafood were eaten. I made dashi for the first time from scratch and I really loved the taste. 
In the nabe we cooked the carrots, shiitake mushrooms, daikon slices (lotus roots), small clams, mussels and we finished with shrimps.
While waiting for the broth to boil, we had pumpkin in soy sauce, tofu with sesame seeds and green onions, and raw tuna salad.

I have lots of leftovers, especially all the meat that we did not cook...

The 6 of them suprsed me with presents and a birthday cake for dessert...so sweet.
 
One of my guests made a birthday cake for me...More of her creations are at http://www.jucutecakes.com/

No comments: