Monday, March 05, 2012

My body in numbers

This is what happens when one just wants to try out something popular. As expected, the Iyashi dome made me sweat buckets of water, but the main feature that they do not explain until you get there, is that they weigh you naked before and after 30min of sweating...

Starting from the beginning, one undresses then hops on the scale then the attendant input your age and height into the device, which then programs itself like an intelligent microwaves to administer sufficient heat. Then it outputs a little ticket with different numbers, all scary numbers, starting with:
Weight of fat, weight of muscle, weight of liquid, BMI, etc...and a final statement indicating whether one is overweight or not (clearly I am, with an obesity degree of 67%). As an encouragement, it also indicates the ideal weight (49.5kg).

After 30min of sweating, another trip on the scale indicates I lost 300g of water, and also the fact I need to drink more water (% hydrique= 45.7%).

So in short, I'm obese and need to drink more water. I guess the fact that the flu came at me full blown 4h later is an indicator, and now I am drinking 1L/h, with all the teas and soup ingested...

I can't wait for the 6th session of that sweating machine to know how my body changes. In the meantime I bought a scale to look at with guilt...

1 comment:

SolofoRahary said...

No comment... I admire the courage