Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Teeth check ups and Parisian theatre

Last weekend, on my trip to France, I got to meet my high school friend and her sister for lunch at her parents and an evening to see a play. Lunch was delicious as usual, and I had the full tour of the lovely garden. The parents even got me culianry herbs to season my dishes, so I travelled with Eurostar with bushes of laurel, celerey and sauge in my suitcase. Later on, I joined the sisters (and their respective boyfriends) to see a play about a character Sophie who is torn between the guidance of Louise (her Lucifer angel) and Angelique (her good angel)...she becomes a runaway bride and discovers herself as a woman who wants more than just being someone's wife...I really enjoyed the piece. Note that Sophie comes from the greek that means wisdom...torn between good and evil...it's very dynamic, and most of all, the audience is seated in comfy sofas!!!!

However, the place is up the Butte Montmartre so we had to climb a 70% slope!!!! arghhh, under the rain...But it was all worth it.

On Sunday, my aunt planned to go to Chartres to get everybody's teeth checked up by my uncle. So off we went, on a gloomy weather. But the sun came out later on, we all had a huge lunch (i ate a 200g bison steak, yum). I showed off the pictures from Madagascar, and then hopped on the torture chair..turned out my teeth are ok (ouf, relief!).

My uncle gave me a salty toothpaste to prevent gengivitis..and I tried it and it is very very salty...

So now am back in London and at work after merely 5h sleep, here and there during the day. And I got the invite for the Microsoft conference on user web experience on Wednesday, with free lunch...we'll see if I'll manage to drag my tired body to that thing....

2 comments:

P A N D A ----P----@ said...

arf, I look so fat...look at all those skinny people!

Anonymous said...

Alors t'as reussi a y aller a ce truc microsoft ???