Monday, July 30, 2007

Sun! sun! sun! suuuuuuun...

AHEM
After an excessively drunken Friday evening where I drank way too much to behave (cuba libre, bloody mary, rhum and coke, mojito) and danced like a mad woman, I ahd to face the fact that saturday was very sunny and that I was expected at Regent's Park for an all jocks afternoon...well, I assumed we were going to play games and chill...my meetup at Great Portland St station however was completely dressed up for sports, so i felt out of place with my jeans and sneakers...ah well, the first order of the day was to detox of all the alcohol molecules that were navigating through my blood. After wandering about the park looking for the group, Sherlock finally spotted them, and I was relieved to find out they were not wearing team jerseys..hahaha

In any case, a fun day at the park, celebrating a birthday with a 99.9% american expats, playing kickball (baseball with a football), frisbee, ultimate frisbee, football, american football, and for me by the end of the afternoon, cloud gazing and listening to trees whispering...my adductors were hurting and my head was finally feeling the hang over..arghhh. Almost felt like college and lying around on the Drillfield. I managed to also hurt my knee while stumbling over the football...really, I am clearly out of shape, but at least I was happy not to be like the other 6 girls who came dressed up for talk and gossip and would build a cheerleading pyramid instead of doing sports...giving me headaches.


Next day, the sun was out again (SURPRISE!) despite all the wet and rainy forecast during the whole week. The Viking reminded me of the Red Bull air race in Canary Wharf so dragged the new flatmate (need to find an alias for her) and Happy Feet down there as well...we were too late though and ended up avoiding the crowd getting into the tube by starting to follow a moving crowd walking along the Thames route...that was a 2miles adventure along the most industrialized banks of the Thames, with rotten smells and wrecks. The view was pretty nice for a litle while, but we were relieved to finally get to Cutty Sark, where Greenwich Meridien is...


Met the Viking, grabbed some food at the Museum Cafe, and then headed home completely knackered.

And today, more sun...but unfortunately I have to work ET hours...ironic.

1 comment:

P A N D A ----P----@ said...

Right, clearly I could not stop the drinking :P will try again this week...and avoiding Sherlock is not an easy task