Saturday, September 01, 2007

Post-trip blues

However sweet it is to find my own bed, it's a bit depressing to get back to the various bills awaiting me as well. Added to that slap-in-your-face confrontation with reality is the feeling that I left a friend in emotional confusion and that I could do nothing really but share my point of view and hope she'll be alright. The inability to help is very distressing. No matter how hard I try though, I know that it is her choice ultimately and that the best I can do is be there for her.

The trip back was unusual, on one of those planes with the wings on the roof, so that even if one is seated mid aircraft, one sees nothing but the earth below. Oh how I missed having the view of the landscape blocked by those large wings! Instead I was staring straight at heights and vertigo soon clouded my brain. I could also hear and feel every roar of the engines in the wing next to me. Landing was a chair gripping affair, with loads of turns and changes of accelerations. Nevertheless, the City airport was small enough to let me out with my luggage merely 20min after touchdown...

I passed by my future work on the way home. Enough said, stress is paralyzing me.
I will hibernate this weekend and finish my first homework.

No comments: