Monday, September 24, 2007

Traditions and progress on the Mall

Of course I hit the Mall! I stuck to the Smithonian building, the Space Museum and the new Museum of Native Americans.


I tried to join a guided tour in the Smithonian, but all the participants were over 80 year old, so I felt a bit too young. Besides, the inside of the castle wasn't that exciting..beauty was truly only outside for this one!

I know I have been into the Space Museum on the Mall before but somwhow I cannot find any picture of it. So this time I snapped away and listened carefully to what Billy said (that's the dguide's name). And once again I touched the moon.

And the control module that held the astronauts that flew the Apollo 11 mission and walked on the moon.


And then I got lost in the Universe!

The tour lasted about 90min, and because there was no restaurant nearby, just museums, I was forced to eat at Mc*Ronalds...happy meal for me.

Next to that hall full of powerful engines and amazing feats of engineering sit the new museum of native american. It's a beautiful building. I cuold look at it forever and feel so peaceful.

It's a very nice museum that gives lots of information on the beliefs, customs and way of life of Native Americans, from the tribes in south america to the ones living in Alaska. There are loads of workshops and hands on activities as well to discover the crafts and music.



This is what the conquistadores were after though: GOLD

No comments: