Saturday, August 29, 2009

Quality of life

These past 3 days, I have been doing work I am not usually doing, such as testing tools for the new office, preparing materials, and also geting my paperworks done for the new job. it might be the heat, or the fact that I actually have to use my brains, but I have been very exhausted everyday around 4-5pm. It is not the fact that I wake up at 6:30am everyday to catch the bus at 7:40 and to start at 8:00. I actually enjoy waking at that time and have my 15min walk in a fresh crisp morning along the lake.

After work, it has been a countless visit of flats, with other homeless people. I am also discovering different areas of Geneva, as well as cute little restaurants.

Having my colleagues from London with me helped ajusting to the environment. I am among the priviledged ones who can communicate with the locals as most of them do not speak French, so they are also using me as guide. It will take time for all of us to adapt to the new life here, especially the 'no shopping after 7pm' rule: By Friday evening we had nothing to eat at home so it was the perfect excuse to try out a restaurant in town, and even an ice cream joint.

I suppose it is a pretty town. But I am sure there are prettier towns around, with the same al fresco atmosphere. What is suprising is the fact that it is a landlocked place with the atmosphere of a mediterranean city and rythm.

For now, my main concern is getting my apartment, as although I am smack right in the middle of town, across the 'Jardin Anglais' it would be good to have all my 35boxes with me so that I can fill up 2 wardobes and get my own kitchen ustensils...not to mention all my adapters...

No comments: