Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hangover skiing

Today I was brave and went skiing. Waking up with a headache from drinking 3 glasses of wine and a mojito the night before, and coming back home at 02:30am sure didn't help start the day. I was cooking breakfast wen my ride buzzed in, so I had to jump into the ski outfits, grab a snack or two on the way and hopped in the car ( a really nice car, I cannot describe it because I have no idea what car it is, just a big spacious car).

After picking up the others, an aspirin later, we were driving to Flaine, paying tolls on the highway and admiring the landscape and the very very blue sky.

I was planning on starting snowboarding but decided against it because I wanted to tag along with the guys and sky a long blue piste. By noon we found toilets, skis to rent and a ski lift that took us up to 2300m. The view is just breathtaking up there, and the slopes as well. i had a heart attack at the top of the blue piste, as the slope was very steep and I was still trying to find the ski manual in the back of my brain and into my sore legs. After the first drop, I got cramps in my thighs and only managed to turn about thanks to the cold wind numbing the pain. But after a 40min skiing, waiting sometimes for the snowboarders in the group, I got back safely to the station, grabbed a chair and just tanned in the sun, waiting for the others to come down from the same piste...That chair was comfortable, and the sun so bright and warm, it was bliss.
Later on I stayed on easy green and blue pistes with another girl who was still not confident enough to do the big serpentine piste. We had scares and fun, and only got down to the station when the boys called for a food break.

I booked my snowboarding lesson with the ski school and will return next sunday hopefully. For now my muscles need their rest and probably a bit of detox...aie aie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AHAHAH, hangover skiing, ca doit pas etre facile facile, lol ! Mais c vrai que c cool, t'as des pistes pas loin (et encore de la neige fin mars :p LOL) !!!

ilayvendrana said...

vivre à genève n'est pas si "boring" au bout du compte! c'est vrai y a pas les concerts bon marché,mais ça viendra. Y a encore la neige, profites-en meme avec le hangover....