Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A special week

I am having a surreal week

Monday: Went to the free music recital in Covent Garden on Monday and really enjoyed it. Guitar and cello played some spanish and latin american music. It was full as usual and the average age was 60. We probably caught a disease in there but the music was nice. But then again we are 40 years too young, and still with our own teeth..I am mean. After that, we enjoyed the reasonably clement weather for 30min, just enough to head for a Japanese restaurant that specializes in okonomiyaki...very good stuff. It's a Japanese version of an omelette, with cabbage, onions and whatever you want int here, cooked with the love by the waitress that makes you wanna take her place because you want to play with food like her...An experience I would recommend. By the time we stuffed ourselves with okonomiyaki and green tea ice cream, it was time to walk to Oxford Street to buy some trousers, except it took us 3hours to get to H&M because we were also looking for f* me boots...ahhhh..And a big achievement (and a frustration) for me was that I bought nothing that day. Well except for food and tickets for ballet...they don't count, they're not clothes!

Tuesday: Am not sure what happened during the morning since I probably slept until I got to the eye test exam at midday. Then after being forced to read small letters, and had air blown at my pupils, I was too awake to miss some really cheap junk that I haven't even used yet...paint brushes, Christmas cards, backgammon travel set (how many of these do I buy? and where did they all go?), ribbons for my future curtains (still in design at the back of my head), and more I can't rememebr becasue it is lost in my junkyard bedroom. Even dragged Hobbes home to sort out my computer problems. I have a feeling he does that a lot...being patient toward us, internet novice. Then it was time for catching up with Bambi who obviously had a fun day at work, sorting out the workflow. Hot chocolate and crisps in good companyat tea time, which flew by smoothly like cold water running on your head on a hot summer day (feels good).

Wednesday: Work was hell. My heart felt like lead, my head hurt like acid, and it was busy like a Monday. Time was sluggish and wouldn't give me a break. I finished the day longing for a comatose sleep.

Thursday: Started with the all so not healthy English breakfast (yum), and a clear head (at least I was awake). Were pushed on the main stage by puppet master ( yes we have a dictator). It allowed me to see the gallery and the stage of some news broadcasts, which are cool but oh so not glamour...but at least I went in there..yay, and without asking..I was actually asked. Later on, got to tag along to go to the newsroom where a colony of journalists cram into an open space office and work..yikes..scary but had to feel like a tourist in there. So a pretty good day considering the previous day...not to forget: Congrats to Hobbes, good luck in being my boss!

Friday: Not sure if I'll live till tomorrow, but am sure it'll be alright
Saturday: Hope the weather is sunny, I'd like to smile in the sun
Sunday: Day of the Lord, I'll try to go to Church in St Paul...to say Thanks

No comments: