Saturday, December 02, 2006

Jingle bells

Saturday was sunny! So I escaped my newly curtained indoor to join the crowd on oxford Street, unsuspecting the major shopping spree that was going on until I realized they blocked off the street to all vehicle. Among the hordes of families and suburb gangstas, there were many Santas, a truck promoting the Tour de France, an asian/scottish band...


Then walking on to Oxford Circus, I came upon fake snow falling in the wind and four huge white balloons carrying dancers/acrobats moving along some deafening seasonal music. It was very nice but the cold was eating my ears despite the crowd packing itself together to watch the dancers and take pictures with their phones...and this is the kind of footage you get with a crappy mobile phone like mine:




On my way home, I managed to grab a program of the Spitalfields Festival and hopefully will catch a free concert or a choir sometime in the coming week..a yuletide season without music is unacceptable.

No comments: