Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Do you believe in Fairies?

Ahem, yes I do!
I wasn't too sure what sort of show I was going to see on Tuesday, but I knew it would be somewhere I have never been so that was already worth the trip. After a nice sunbath in bed (the only few times I get sunrays is between 08:00 and 10:30am), I equipped myself with my best mood and my strongest determiantion to have a walk in Wimbledon area (45min by tube). The weather was getting cloudy with all the polar winds blowing about (no tornadoes this time), but I had double dose of left over lasagna to keep me grounded.

Met a lonely colleague (still looking for her screename/alias), and was shown about the Wimbledon village. It reminded me of Paris suburb, the one in Sceaux or towards Versailles...so posh, clean and proper. I wondered if I could spit in the streets? maybe not. After walking to the Thai Budhist temple, and breathing so much clean air, I was offered some Chinese home cooking before we went on to the purporse of my visit...



And so it turned out that 'Fonzie' from 'Happy Days' was playing Captain Hook...It was my first ever pantomime: it started out like a musical, with dances and songs with the London skyline as a background. Then most characters asks the audience for its opinion ('do you know where Tinkerbell is hiding, boys and girls?'). They used and mixed songs from various movies, including Rocky, Star Wars, Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and many more I did not recognize. They also have parents dancing and singing silly noises, and throw toilet paper rolls at the audience while we are singing from the top of our lungs (or was it just me?). And most importantly, they shot water from waterguns at the audience.

All in all, a quite fun experience even if we were among the oldest kids on the balcony. It was easy for Tinkerbekll to get better after drinking the poison intended for Peter Pan, given that in that area, most people probably believe in fairies...it is almost in the countryside after all, and the woods were not so far away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I could've gone :( .... sounds like it was fun