Monday, February 19, 2007

Wasting £2 and 45min of my life

This started as a pretty ok day but turned into a very very bad case of the Mondays. Woke up before the alarm clock, had time to have healthy breakfast (oatmeal) and even got to wash the filthy hair. Managed to catch the tube after peak* hours for Wimbledon. Because on this day I was ready to have the DVLA (driving and vehicule licensing agency, yeah) certify that the picture I will put on the provisional** license is really resembling me...they are very suspicious in this place.

Took me 4 podcasts in Spanish and a full £2 to get there, get a ticket, and wait for 2 minutes before the guy at the counter tells me:'ah yeah we don't certify for foreign passports, only British passports. You'll have to send that passport as proof od ID'. So basically all my efforts not to send my passports to useless bureaucrats were lost on this universe. So I stayed in that building for 4minutes and took another 20min to get back to central London.

Managed to get some shopping done before going to work. I even managed to get there early, to grab lunch, but they took 15min to grill a bloody chicken and rocket wrap. I am not sure I stayed very polite during the day. No amount of cofee or sugar can calm me down and I apparently had a tan (red cheeks, maybe because I was so unnerved by it all).

*peak time as opposed to peek time, which is when I got mooned by some lady parading naked at her window without any consideration for us tube travellers going about our business staring blankly out of the coach's window!

**a provisional license is a license to allow you to learn how to drive and sit for the driving test..yes, you must have a license to sit on a chair and anwer questions about road rules. Don't ask me why. They probably need money as this provisional license costs £38....I will die of nerves I tell you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAAAAATTTTTT?????

Some naked Lady parading at the window whilst you were on the tube?

Why do these things never happen to me?

And why are you so agressive to your boss? Lol whoever said it was right - 'is he your boss or rather are you his?...'

Anonymous said...

Hobbes !! lol lol lol ... Are you by any chance Italian :D ?

Well, concerning the very very bad days, I got mines for a whole year this week !!! Keep in mind that Spanish administration is a lot worse than British one ... pffft

Anonymous said...

Hmmm - not really but given Italians get all the girls (the Bimbos anyway) I sometimes wish I was.

But alas no - I am just a sad perverted Brit with too much time to think... and you don't need two guesses to know what I think about! LOL!

P A N D A ----P----@ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Well ... Italians THINK they get all the girls and Spanish guys think they just have to ask to get a girl. But all of them are wrong :-)

I had to break yet another Spanish heart yesterday (the guy tried to hold my hand after I told him several times during the evening that I was not interested in him ... he even tried the now very common "that's what friends do" ! pffft ! why me ??? )