Monday, March 12, 2007

Airports or terminals?

It is a place where people pass by and don’t stay, except for the shops. So travellers usually move in hordes, in and out of the terminals. I do like airports mainly for that reason, but only when I am leaving. Picking up someone or waiting for someone at the airport or dropping someone is not very enjoyable, mainly because you wait (waste of my life), or because you feel left behind.

I don't like the word terminal because it sounds so definitive and very ill. Airport is a better word because it is much more descriptive of a bustling port where things are done: goodbyes, greetings, business, meetings, extraditions, body searches, etc...It's where I rush to, take my ticket, check my luggage get in line for the security check...and most of the time don't look back. Either I know I'll be back and will rejoice in seeing family and friends again, knowing that rare comfort of being loved no matter what, or there is just nothing to look back on because I am glad to leave it behind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Body searches ! lol lol lol lol Have you been traumatised :D ?