Monday, March 19, 2007

Starting school

This morning was nerve wrecking as I was supposed to go to class by myself, like a big girl (not fat, just big). Took a cab which had plastic covered seats in case i vomit inside because of car sickness. Given how they drive over here, it is expected. Then I was dropped off at the entrance of the Old City (Baab el Yemen) and had to go through the souk by myself, following a map my Mommy drew. I managed to get to the school 15min in advance, so they put me in the kitchen to wait for 10:00.

I must stress that the city is in altitude so climbing regular stairs leaves me breathless. The school kitchen was on the second floor, after climbing old style stairs made for giants. I waited 30min, then at 10:10 I called the director of the school asking where my teacher was after seeing all the other students being picked up by their teacher. He told me to go upstairs, on the 3rd floor where my teacher was waiting for me. He basically forgot he sent me to the kitchen.

Anyway that was enough exercise for my poor legs, lungs and brain...tomorrow, class is at 08:00..........

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were going to attend school out there.....enjoy :)

Anonymous said...

So, how was your first course ?

P A N D A ----P----@ said...

First course was ok. learned greetings and alphabet, like in kindergarden...quite cute

P A N D A ----P----@ said...

That class at 8 was miserable, maybe because I wasnt awake. Had to link letter together and learned to red. And my homework is to read 3 pages. Arghhhh

Anonymous said...

Lol - he sent you to the kitchen? Your reputation preceeds you...

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!! ROTFL

P A N D A ----P----@ said...

Coz apparently I could get very very very very sweet tea from the kitchen and also wait there. Nope, no food there:(

Anonymous said...

lol - no food in a kitchen? That must be your vision of hell? Panda's inferno if you will....