Thursday, March 22, 2007

On Weekend

I should have had a graduation ceremony, because I can now read...supposedly, in Arabic, when they bother to put the vowels on the words. Instead walked home through the souk one more time, taking some pictures like some vulgar tourist:

Observe the man walking up the hill, like any yemeni, he is wearing the traditional jambia, a mighty knife he keeps in a decorated belt near his ....belly, to protect his....belly:)

And here is one of the many shops selling the accessories for men: jambia belts.

And to finish, a nice picture of the old city, seen behind its big wall:

Since my classes finished (yes, short but intensive) I am not sure when I will be back in the old city. On the other hand I need a REAL vacation...days of doing nothing...and not waking up with an alarm clock.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the men accessories are ... weird ? :D lol lol

Anonymous said...

Why such a display for the knife?