Friday, March 09, 2007

The whereabouts of the Moon Rabbit


Can you see it? I thought I was loosing my wits when remebering the moon rabbit. Apprently it is only visible in the southern hemisphere where I grew up. In those days we spent a large amount of time staring at the moon before going to sleep, making up stories and conjectures about what the rabbit was doing up there. It is a shame it cannot be seen from up here north...
It is a very well know figure that can be traced up from the shades on the moon. For those unlucky one who grew up without the Moon Rabbit, here is what you are missing then:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That drawing is a bit of a leap of faith....

Ah poor Rabbit - stuck on the side of the moon with no carrots in sight.

How cruel and yet how apt... evil creatures....

Anonymous said...

wow, no, I never heard from the moon rabbit before ... but I am a poor northern hemisphere kid ! The only time I have been down there, it was when we were in Mada, and I remember I looked for the moon but could not find it (yes, I know and don't laugh !). Anyways, if we go back there in nov, you will have to show me that thing :D