Saturday, March 03, 2007

Sun, Earth and Moon

A total lunar eclipse is visible tonight, straight out of my window. The sun, earth and the moon are on a straight line apparently, in that order.I wonder if that accounts for my mood. In a few hours, the moon disapears in front of my eyes and may reappear again while I am sleeping.



The moon slowly drifts out of my sight, like any other goal or dream I had in mind. Planes fly between my crapy camera lens and the moon, and I wonder if the passengers look at the moon and if they see it bigger. Also, if they reach up with their hands, they could touch the moon...sigh.


I didn't get to see the moon re-appear, but while dozing off to sleep, I unfortunately have to get real and realize bitterly that it is only I who decide how I feel. And so I am angry for a while, because I forgot to depend on myself. I will stop watching the parade, and walk away to go on my journey. That parade is only a collection of fake clowns, fake giants, cheap glitter, and loud ear tearing noise, disguising boredom, uselessness and aimlessness.

I missed the Haley comet a few (maybe decade) back. I'm glad I saw this one. And I even caught a blue moon. without using any filter or any sophisticated equipment...but the photos don't capture the rabbit on that side of the moon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, excellent ! I was told yesterday afternoon about the eclipse ... So I missed it of course. Anyway, I was soooo sick that I did not even get up on saturday. I slept over 34 hours from fri night to sun morning ... Finally feeling a little better now. Plus, I got my computer back ! So I am reinstalling ...

Oh well, what I wanted to say: great photos !!! For a moment, I was wondering if you made them yourself :D I did not understand the rabbit story though ... Maybe some hallucinations I had while reading your blog :D

P A N D A ----P----@ said...

YES, those are my own pictures. I froze myself to death opening the window and snaping millions of pictures from a very awkward position as I was shaking all the time. And I had to stay up until 23:00 even if my body was begging me to go in the warm bedroom. This is my first ever eclipse I see and I have tons of pictures. I just had to crop most of them because the moon took about 20% of the frame..LOL

Anonymous said...

grats ! I would have loved to see you in that awkward position ! muahahha ! lol lol

Anonymous said...

Rabbit??????

Anonymous said...

Trop top tes photos ma puce!!!! Elle est magnifique cette éclipse de Lune!!! Comme ca je l'aurai un peu vue, moi qui l'ai raté en live :-ps Merci d'avoir bravé le froid pour nous faire partager tout ça...
bisou bisou
ap

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are your own pics? I didn't manage to take any really, was just too busy being fascinated I guess. My first eclipse too :) I'm also baffled about the rabbit???