Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Help! I've gone mad

This morning I woke up at 04:30 to get in line for a bag. It is a designer bag sold in Sainsbury's (a food store like Food Lion or Kroger), and there are only 20 000 of them, or so I was told by my fashionista flatmate, Miss Lyon. She has seen it in the living secction of an airport magazine months ago, and could not buy one fo the 1000 sold in the designer shop, so she convinced me to get in line with her outside a supermarket to get one of the 30 bags given away this morning at selected stores.
We got there at 05:30 and the shop opened at 08:00 (I feel very vain). But the experience was fun as we met other crazy people and their husbands there, knowing that the bag was selling on ebay for more than £400 and sold that morning for £5. There is nothing like greed. I have never heard of the designer before, but she might succeed in becoming a household name: Anya Hindmarch.





The irony though is that it was marketed as a reusable shopping bag because designed with the We are what we Do group, thus environmental friendly item, but it was sold for £5 and given inside a bright orange Sainsbury plastic bag.
I am going bag to bed...

3 comments:

Ateee said...

ooouh an anya bag! i think its very cute!! :)

Anonymous said...

WTF?....

At least when people queued up for Playstation 3 they got a fee 42 inch HD Plasma TV....

An orange Sainsbury bag? That sounds like my tapes bag (work)....

You and Ms. Lyon are truly mad.....

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have to agree with hobbes, you girls are crazy :-) lol lol

The only thing I have queued for was for this stupid tv show in NY (late night of whoever) ... twice the same week and we did not even manage to enter, pfffft ... never again ! lol