Monday, April 16, 2007

My heart cries for the Hokies

I know I got used to the 'No news, Good news' motto. So today is a terrible day as death was spreading through my beloved campus in Virginia Tech, Blacksburg.

After the frantic panic in finding out what happened to friends, sadness and anger invade my soul. The place had a special meaning to me, a havoc of peace, happiness and invicibility. A place where everything good could be achieved. A secret garden hidden among stressful and ugly piece of this world. Now it is exposed tainted with blood, madness, grief and trauma.

I treasure the sights, the people, the smells, the light, the grass on the Drillfield, the Hokie stones. I treasure the 5 years of happy studious life. I cannot help but feel the anger and ask 'WHY?', knowing no explanation would be satisfying or acceptable. I cry...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah ... In my memories too, VT was synonym of joy, happiness, calm, parties, fun, nice people, friendships ... and peaceful Drillfield with its comfortable grass and slow Sunday afternoons ... How could such a thing happen there !!??

Ateee said...

i am speechless. my heart is broken. :(

P A N D A ----P----@ said...

Yes, my heart is broken too