Sunday, April 15, 2007

London, 25C

Unbelievable, yet quite true! And this is a time when a forecast is useful to plan a trip outisde the city. So adios Spitalfields market and bongiorno Windsor! Mr K. and Miss M. invited me to the countryside, not far from London, where there is a royal residence, some greens and a river runs through it. And on the river, o so beautiful graceful swans.


I quite wonder how they keep their plumage so white whent he water is so muddy. And so tidy as well. I cannot even keep my hair on my head..it keeps filling up the vacuum cleaner.

Anyway, it's one of those days when you just wander about, dragging your feet to an unknown destination.

And then out of quite nowhere, unexpectedly, a lovely sight.

That is not the Windsor castle though..this is:

Well obviously it's not just big tower. It is actually very big but not very high, so all the other buildings in town seem to crowd it a bit. But from a bend in the river Thames, it appears magnificent.

Imagine looking for a room in that castle...ahem...
"Edward, please fetch the hairdresser. I am ready for my hairdo." As if
3hours later, Edward returns with the hairdresser and his uncles, and 3 maids and dogs...pfffiou.."do you even know who lives in this place?" asked the cook. "well, I am not sure how many princes and princesses there are" says the laundry woman...

Awesome gossips!
It must be the heat, my head is talking nonsense again today....

No comments: