Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Today's worth

Today was quite a good day. The weather forecast was for light showers but it turned out fairly sunny and no rain at all. Wondered around the Queen's walk with a M.A.C (or is it A.M.C.?) who visited from Dubai. Apparently I have the british accent and use fancy words. But I managed to give him a decent tour of the must sees: Tower of London, Tower bridge, Tate Modern, St Paul, Millenium Bridge, Shakespeare Globe, Festival halls, London eye, Parliament, Westminster Abbaye, Trafalgar square...all by foot!

Then we met his friend in Chancery Lane who remembers me as the'popular one' which was very very nice and made me so happy. I am so vain..but I was happy I touched so many lives without knowing it, and having fun. I never thought I would be the popular one.

Later on int he evening, we hurried back to Selfridges to get an ox tongue sandwich from the food court (Brass rail), and chat about old times: Preston, Waterstreet galleries, Walmart, Christianburg, Five guys, Kabuki, University mall, and Starbucks...and where we agreed the real challenge for Tech is to rise even more in the University academic rankings, to prove how strong we are. Go Hokies!

It was also very nice to argue about where things are in Blacksburg as we all have different memories of where some venues are. A good trip back in times then, which ended up with a hunt for an open Starbucks...habits die hard, and that familiar taste was very comforting. Now I am nursing a blister on my left foot palm...On the way back, the che fof the morrocan restaurant kidnapped me for a chat, where I learned he voted bayrou, and lives in Plaistow (dunno where that is) We will call him Aladdin as he will be my conversational arabic teacher, even if he doesn't know it yet.:)
It was all worth it....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plaistow is in east london - about half way between you and bambi...

You have a British Accent? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ...(ad infinitum)...

Fancy words? Like 'Zis eez ze London Bridge...' ;)

Ah the popular one - you are indeed - certainly at work :)

P A N D A ----P----@ said...

Ze london brije iz not very interestin. Insted I showed 'im along ze Queen'z ouak. And added many many referencez to ze royalty. Zen tryin to pronounce ze name of ze building or monument iz also good becauze they 'aven't 'eard of zem before!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, the French accent is really terrible !! lol lol