Saturday, May 12, 2007

It is not what it seems

I look fat but really, I am very slim inside :)

When I first started my current job, I thought I was joining a pretty forward group of people. Well, there are some very hidden agenda in all around. I think I am not too familiar with it because I never really was involved in high school politics. I was always in a small clique that isolated itself fromt he whole 'I am prettier, I want your boyfriend, I have a better grade' kind of drama or whatever it was. So my social skills in term of internal politics are close to nil. I can only step back and watch, and only acting when it is ridiculous or when something needs to be done. It's a abit lame sometimes but as hopefully the 'universe will have its way of rectifying itself' (something like that, from Harold and Kumar goes to Whitecastle).

When I moved to London, it felt strange because I didn't know anyone. I seemingly left everyone away in the US. Now, after much begging and yelling from my college friends, I am on facebook and soon discovered many people I knew are living in London as well...yiipee:)

A very exhilarating and out of this world crying moment was when I found out that out there, someone finds football artistic and elegant, and ballet extremely boring. I feel the exact opposite and it is very funny that the same words be thought of instantly to describe both.

And to finish, an exciting festival this weekend, the Bengali new Year festival, Baishakhi Mela.The weather seems crap but they built a tent in the park next door so I will be hearing some music from my room hopefully.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Similar words to describe opposite things ... there is a bank ads with that ... everywhere in the airports :-) They have images and use opposite words and then exchange them ... quite funny :-) (I don't remember the bank, just something with 4 letters and at least one H and once C ... maybe a B as well ... red background).

P A N D A ----P----@ said...

Yes, that is the HSBV ad all over the airports I get through as well. Like the one here: http://www.visit4info.com/static/advert_pages/33140.cfm?back_page=advertiser_pages/HSBCBank.cfm