Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Imperial palace east gardens

With a blazing sun and the aozora (blue sky) waking me earlier than my alarm clock, it was a pity I forgot my parasol. But armed with a useful fan I could enjoy the quiet oasis in the middle of Tokyo. There was a lot of walking in the sun though, around the moat guarding the palace. The furiaken garden entrance iss closed to visitors as it is the garden surrounding the palace directly.
At lunchtime I dragged my hungry self to Nihonbashi area where hurried workers gobbled their soba or udon standing at the counter. I ended up eating at the basement of the famed Mitsukoshi department store: take unagi don and my first asahi beer. Surprisingly I enjoyed the beer. I had it because I did not have the courage and words to ask for non alxoholic drinks. It is a miracle I made it out of there after handling chopaticks almost inconsciously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also only drink beer because I dont know how to order non-alcoholic drinks :-) ~Mialy