Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Craziness before takeoff

The day is finally here in 30min, the day I am going east, east east!!! It's still amazing me how about a year ago, in a mentoring and coaching class, I volunteered as a cobaye, to be coached. And this lady actually talked me through my vague plan of one day going to Japan. At that time I was just playing around, trying not to be too serious, just to play my role as a demonstrator...And here I am, after devouring Minna no Nihongo volume 1 and taking with me volume 2 just in case.

And in the last 2 days, it's stress after stress: decisions at work (not taken yet), laundry to do and dry, room to clean, maps and hotels information to print, passport to copy, suitcase to pack (only 20kg allowance!!!), weight to loose (ah well, had a burger and fries tonight before getting some healthy japanese food soon), phones to unlock, money to exchange, face to tidy up (yes, pimples that I havent' seen in months are appearing just to make me presentable to the beautiful new country that will host me), emails to send (planning to visit the Tokyo office)...

I am crazy. Or I just love the thrill ebfore a trip. At this time tomorrow, I'll hopefully be sleeping in the plane as my day at work will start at 7 (ok, 7:15 because the shuttle service starts at 7), and I will try to tame the beating of my hearts to slow down a bit, for fear of tearing down the office out of excitement.

1 comment:

Zabador said...

LOL ! Yeah, the 20kg luggage is ridiculously small !!! Take lots of photos and enjoy the food :D Have fun!