Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tokyo : overcast

I could not see the sun today. The sky was grey overall, visibility maybe 1km. Still today a trip to Odaiba was on my schedule. I lost at least a total of 900g and 20min aimlessly wandering between the closed Miraikan (museum of innovative science & technology) and the Tokyo big sight (an exhibition hall, where I could pay 3000yen to attend an exhibition of beauty products, no thank you, I am already subliminally beautiful, duh). I also waited for a waterbus ship in vain. But I was somewhat happy with my visit at Fuji TV. One day maybe I will pay the 1900YEN per year to be able to be in the audience. But I managed to find an ATM in english (not such a good thing) in the last Vegas style Venusfort mall where I saw this barbieshop. The mall has a theme of wedding...
After 4h of walking with an onigiri and a white bun in my stomach all day, I got back to Shinjuku to try the malls there, after a short stop at Shimbashi to check out the tv station there. OMG, this basement of Odakyu store is like the mecca of expensive food of all sorts:from 2100yen mango to confectionary. I got some bananas and pineaple for like 1000yen. Damn, no wonder there are tons of ads for veggie juice on tv.
Speaking of tv, my hotel is behind NTV offices and not far from NHK and AsahiTV. But I have had enough of crowds and will soak in a bath.
Tomorrow, probably shopping and sightseeing the nearby Imperial Palace or garden before meeting a local, provided I find out where we meet.
Tokyo is tiring...
I got back to the hotel

No comments: