Thursday, May 14, 2009

Superview from Umeda skybuilding

Edit: not to be confused with Ueda, the silly professor whoearned martial arts by distance learning. Lol.

There are a few things of life I've learned so far, by being in Japan:
-presents are always wrapped. If you mention it to a shopkeeper, he'll do it. And better than my wraping and their normal wrap is beautiful
-you must change shoes when entering the toilet. There is a pair there just for that. It is a bit of an exercse to leave your shoes outside the toilet, then wear the ones inside the toilet.
-I can now eat fish on its bones with chopsticks. It may tage hours but the dish is the more delicious
-I learned to bow when exiting a shop. The trick is not to forget to urn around completely and face the shop.
-knowing the basics of the language is very useful as many original restaurant or shops out of the beaten path have loads to offer
-I can eat 3 times again, full set of homecooked meals.
Finally, the view is from a landmark in the north part of Osaka. At sunset, it must be beautiful, but I was not paired up so went back home...sniff. But the homecooked dinner with the whole K. Family was ready when I got home and we chatted till 11pm so all is good.

1 comment:

Zabador said...

Umeda, c pas le nom de l'autre boulet dans Tricks ??? lol