Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Autumn in Arashiyama


 So I was out of the hotel at 08:35 and caught the bus to Arashiyama, west of Kyoto an home of zen temple Tenryu-ji and the bamboo grove I saw last year. This time the colours of autumn were in full force and the view magnificent.




The zen garden was so painfully romantic. I saw the bare cherry trees and can only imagine the splendor in spring.




By noon I was in another bus, going across town to take me back to Kyoto train station, and I could send some postcards and eat some ebi yempura donburi (shrimp tempura with rice bowl).


The I hopped on the 100 bus I used to take last year to ride through Kyumizu area on Higashiyama dori, up to the Heian shrine.



My destination was reached: Kyoto craft centre. It does feel like a toutist trap as I only came across foreign tourists. But it is a one stop shop for everuthing Kyoto, even if there are much variety in town. I acquired a maiko kimono... Since I really cannot wear those short sleeved ones that are for married women!

No comments: