Friday, November 26, 2010

West suburb and malls..

I woke up quite early to start going on my trip to Nanyang Technology University campus, in western Singapore. I bravely took a bus, hoping it would get me to Raffles or Central. But instead I ended up close to Clarke Quay and had to find the MRT station within a mall with closed up shops still (well, it was before 10:00). But eventually I made it to the train and I could appreciate the small rush hour of students and workers commuting. The weather was so fine, and the vivid colour of the blue sky and the green plants flourishing was really pleasant.

We passed through a Chinese garden which has a pagoda that can be seen from the station. I took the picture when there was noone on the platform, and quite nerously because I was not sure if it was legal or not (LOL).
On the way back, I had some time so strolled about behind the hotel with the street market and the temple. 

Later around lunchtime I met with Mba A. family from Jakarta and after resting a bit, we set out for our journey to shopping till we dropped. It was all good because there were so many malls and stores and decorations. And I got to meet cute A.  sooo cuuute! But she was acting quite shy around me.

We headed out to Orchard street, the ultimate shopping mall destination. The names of the malls eventually faded in my head, and as usual the food court is what leaves the most impression (in weight), but the sight of the decorations and illuminations was putting everyone in festive mood.
I ate s much bread and noodle that day I think I put up 3kg despite the walking around for hours inside malls. I managed to score 2 CDs from local artists, and polos for men...



No comments: